Thursday, May 04, 2006

I recently received the Meredith F. Russell Fellowship which allows me to return to the Czech Republic this summer to study "the relationship between sustainability and art." While I proposed this topic and have an outlined the activities I will engage in, I feel like I am not really sure how to study it. I also feel a sense of mandate (the chosen one), which makes me both confident and intimidated. I mean.... What is sustainability? Does sustainability only refer to concrete "green technology"? Does sustainability differ from sustainable development? How does sustainability relate to a community? What about art in a community? How can art create community? How can art teach a community about sustainability? How can art appreciate the earth? What is art? Is art product or process? Is sustainability product or process?

If you have any answers, comments, or additional questions, please comment or email me... this summer is going to be intense.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is all very interesting. now, what kind of backpack will you be bringing with you? I think that would be interesting to hear about.
-ajr

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home