Wednesday, October 11, 2006


This is an exciting moment in life. Right? Maybe. I am not sure if I am convinced. It is hard. Last year I had a completely new experience which opened me up to new passions. And so now that I am back, I am reintroducing myself to my past passions. Are they still my passions? If so, am I willing to dedicate extended time, effort, and energy to them? There are some big questions that have been plaguing my tear ducks.

I think I feel this stress because it is the first time in a while I have felt opposition of any kind. I am constantly working against the grain, but usually most people still cheer me on. Since returning I have had to fight more than ever to achieve the things I thought were going to be easy. I didn't think the struggle would begin so soon. But here I am.

-----

In other news, I worked with my dancers on Monday and I am pleasantly surprised with the dance that is being created. It is based off of chance and their internal relations. I gave each dancer a set of tasks, only sometimes giving them directions beyond the action of the task. For instance, if I wrote "walk," sometimes I wrote "walk 68%" or "walk towards Lily" or "walk 7 steps" or sometimes just "walk." I gave each dancer 12-14 tasks and about 28mins to figure out what the tasks mean to them. Then we put it all in the same space and played XTC's "I'd Like That" on top. I think the result is very nice and silly.
We will see what the critics think tonight...

-----

Fear not, Monday I began the "I am bored, let me look to see if anyone has updated"-search, and sure enough, my bro updated (about an hour after I last posted). And sure enough, I skipped over the sports and scanned over the music and, in turn, I read very little of the post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home